Equality Objectives 2018-2021
Our objectives will detail how we ensure equality is applied to:
- eliminate discrimination
- advance equality of opportunity
- foster good relations
To offer the best learning experiences tailored to meet the needs of all our pupils ensuring that all pupils make good progress and attain well regardless of their protected characteristics.
To promote and enhance community cohesion and a sense of shared belonging in the school and in the school’s neighbourhood.
To ensure the scheme is reviewed by relevant stakeholders.
Our objectives detail how we ensure equality is applied to:
- Improving attainment and progress for all children.
- Improving attainment and progress for children who encounter disadvantage.
- Providing an environment where discrimination of any form is addressed and eliminated.
- Advancing equality of opportunity through role models, high quality curriculum, quality CPD for staff.
- Fostering good relations with parents and carers, children, governors and the community.
- Reducing behaviour that is discriminatory or oppressive in any way.
This Single Equality Scheme for schools in Coventry provides a format for addressing the statutory duties of the Equality Act 2010. This supersedes and brings together all previous statutory duties in relation to race, gender and disability and also addresses the duty to promote community cohesion, thus meeting the school’s statutory duties in these areas.
Our Equality policy also highlights how our school has worked with and listened to the staff, pupils, parents and carers to inform development of action plans and the need and commitment required to ensure the scheme is a success. This is underpinned by a commitment to promoting positive relationships and understanding between all groups within our school community.